POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!
‘Strada del Dolore Locale’ Club Run
Date: Sunday 7th July 2013.
Time: 8:15am for 8:30am start
Distance: Approx 50 miles
Following the success of the ‘South Lakes Strada Bianche’ we’re organising a Strada Bianche del Dolore Locale club run starting from Lancaster. As before this will be a road ride including ‘secteurs’ of strada bianche / off-road. This time it’s less hilly but there are more off-road ‘secteurs’ (13 in total).
– Winter bike (or cross bike).
– SPD cleats or flat pedals with toe straps (in case you need to walk).
– A minimum of strong winter tyres (road tyres will be sufficient rather than knobbly tyres).
– At least 2 spare tubes and a spare tyre as punctures are more likely.
– Agreed riding partner – please organise and agree to ride with at least one companion for the duration of the ride just in case of accidents and mechanicals and to make sure that nobody is left on their own
– Familiarity with the route (or take map or GPS).